Monday, May 17, 2010

I Love Carnivals















They are a great "mini-fair", and allow me a chance to expose Christopher to rides without the commotion. Case-and-point, Sunday night Mom and I took Jacob and Christopher to the carnival here in Savannah.














When Jeff and I first moved here, they had a carnival every year around this time in front of the National Guard Armory. However, last year there was no carnival. I was so upset, because I was excited to get fair food (without waiting for the fair to come down here in OCTOBER!!!). Evidently these "Carnie-folk" forgot to get a permit last year, thus enabling them to visit Savannah. Luckily this year they had their remembering caps on.














Jacob is always so excited to see the carnival, this year was even better. He is finally tall enough to go on the big rides, and I enjoyed them as well :). He would run up to the gate, get into the ride, and freak out when it started moving faster than he expected. For some reason he always got off the ride with a smile saying, "That was awesome, but let’s not do it again".















Christopher even got to enjoy some little rides. They had a great variety for the little ones, and I loved watching him. He couldn’t have cared les that he was on a ride. He sat there stone faced, staring off into the distance (while he spun in circles, and Jacob laughed hysterically!) He did win a prize at the rubber ducky pond, a green kick ball.












There was one ride that he decided he did not like too much. It was a double swing. He and Jacob sat side-by-side, and at first it was like every other ride. Somewhere about the fourth time around, I noticed his face (click on the picture to get a better view). The ride operator noticed it too, and hit the emergency stop button for me to get Christopher off. From that point on, he was done with rides. I am so glad I got that picture!!!!

0 comments: