Friday, April 17, 2009

Big Boy!

The past few days have been like a whirlwind. Jeff's birthday was Wednesday, we've been trying to finish unpacking and organizing, and I have been trying to meet some of our neighbors. The unpacking has been going at a slow but steady pace. I managed to accomplish all of "my" unpacking, the only stuff left belongs to Jeff. It looks like I will have to finish for him too. His birthday was spent cooking out on the grill and watching movies on the couch (not supposed to have been that way but oh well we enjoyed it anyway). Yesterday Christopher and i took our first walk around our new neighborhood. We ran into a guy walking two dogs and Christopher couldn't contain his excitement. Later in the walk we met a little girl about a year old playing in the street "all by herself". Her mom was inside on the phone and had no idea she had even gotten outside.... I'm thinking to myself "Wow she needs to keep a closer eye on this child".


Then to top off the week Christopher learned a new trick.... he stands on his own! I was so excited last nigh when I helped him walk over to his new "Mimi and Papa Co." toy box to discover new toys when he let go of my hands and stood at that toy box alone. I wanted to cry, laugh, and clap all at the same time but due to the fact he is still a little wobbly on his feet I kept my excitement to myself.

0 comments: