Sunday, July 5, 2009

BOOM! BOOM! AHHHHH!


My 23rd birthday has now come and gone, and today I am feeling MUCH older than I expected. I have noticed, just this morning, my knees cracking and a pain in my neck that I never took much notice to before. I am fortunate however to know that there are still some many years before I receive the common aches and pains of those wiser and more experienced of you.

On my birthday yesterday I was allowed to sleep in my my wonderful husband and impeccably adorable little one (even if I can only sleep in until 8!!!). I was informed a few days ago that Jeff would be sending me to the spa for a day of retreat and peace. I turned it down. Don't get me wrong there is not much that can top a 3 hour day of massage, mani's, pedi's, and quiet. I however only wanted to get my hair trimmed and highlighted (sorry but I forgot to get a picture of it!). I was a wonderful two hours in the salon, but much needed.
After leaving from the hair beautifying we met Ryan and Robin for lunch at Coach's Corner, played a little trivia while waiting for our food, and discovered that my husband knows WAY to much useless information. The food was yummy and fattening (just what I wanted for my birthday!!), and Christopher enjoyed watching all of the happenings around him.

Jeff rushed off to work while Christopher and I headed over to Mom's for dinner and cake. The cake never managed to get cut because we were in such a hurry to make it to the fireworks. We always get there a few hours early just so we can get nice spots. The fireworks started at 9:20 and were over 25 minutes later. I wonder every year why people wait 2 hours to see a 25 minute show and then get stuck in an hour of traffic to get home. Christopher and Savannah were big troopers. It was so humid and they were both tired but neither one behaved like it. We had a great time and Christopher really enjoyed Uncle Ryan & Aunt Robin and Uncle Jimmy & Aunt Erica being there even if Daddy wasn't. Can't wait to see what next year brings ;)



0 comments: