Thursday, April 15, 2010

Waiting....

....I know I have checked my phone at least a hundred times today (not to mention pulling up the St.Joe/Candler website to look for my lab results) in hopes of getting any sort of news. I thought waiting a week to find out if I have the big "C" would be a snap (most of our patients wait much longer for surgery on painful body parts). I however was completely mistaken.

A week ago Wednesday I got a call from Dr. MacIntosh (my O.B.) telling me that my pap test in NOVEMEBER was read incorrectly by someone at the lab. This person was fired for not reporting a serious problem on someone else's slide, which is how mine got re-read.

I saw Dr. Mac yesterday and a series of not so gentle biopsies were preformed (even with valium in my system.) She said not to worry until we know more, but the look on her face told me something completely different. That is the look we give patients we bring into the room after having a CT or MRI and we find Cancer cells. I'm not too fond of that look.

On a lighter note, Jeff informed me that Valium + me is a funny combination.

The pictures of Christopher, Mimi, and PawPaw below I took today. Enjoy....

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the pictures!

I gave you a blog award--check for details at my blog :)