Saturday, January 16, 2010

A Goodnight Routine for My 15 Month Old!

It's official we have passed the 15 month marker. Every day my beautiful little baby grows and learns something new. He is constantly showing us that being new to our world doesn't mean you stay down for long. I don't believe how quickly he is grasping how "life" works. Lately he hasn't slown down for much, not even a hug for Mommy.

Instead of doing the usual "This is what we did today" blog, I thought I would let you in on his bedtime routine. His routine is as follows:

  • 6:30 Dinner

  • 7:00 Head upstairs to get his room ready for bed. Most of the time this means we take out all of the toys and ready them for after bath play time.

  • 7:30 BATHTIME!! This might possibly be his favorite time of the day. If there are bubbles in the bathtub he enjoys it that much more.


  • 8:00 Get pj's on and play with said toys that were previously mentioned. He also used this time to learn how to climb onto my rocking chair. This has led to many bumps and bruises during the day, because he now believes himself invincable


  • 8:30 Call daddy, if he didn't stop by, to tell him goodnight. Get Lamby and binky (Yes, he still has his binky at bedtime), and go to sleep.










So there you have it, my little boy and his goodnight routine. Most
of the time it NEVER goes this smoothly. He always finds a way to throw a wrench in somewhere. I hope that everyone else has a nightly routine as fun filled as what ours is.


Goodnight All!!!!




0 comments: